(Black Radish Returning Soon)
Recently, Babé Farms exhibited at the PMA Fresh Summit Expo in Orlando. This was the biggest show of the year for us and even set an all time attendance record for a PMA! We had a great time walking the floor, visiting with customers, and learning about the latest industry trends. Thank you to everyone who visited our booth and showed interest in Babé Farms!
Due to the warm, dry weather we have experienced in the Santa Maria Valley, we have a plentiful supply of the following items:
Baby Fennel (24 ct.) - Great supplies Available!
Parsley Root 12 Ct. - Good Supplies Available at this time!
Specialty Radishes 24 Ct. - Good supplies available!
Frisée Baby (12 & 24 ct.) & Blonde (12 ct.) - Great Availability!
Cauliflower, Baby All Colors 24 Ct. - Golf Ball Size!
Baby Mixed & French Carrots (24 ct.) - Good supplies available!
Large Mixed Carrots (25 lb. Sack) - Great supplies available!
Celery Root 12 Ct. - Good supplies through the summer!
Carrots, Baby Pink - Limited Availability
Carrots, Baby Maroon - Limited Availabilty
Bok Choy, Baby - N/A this week
Tokyo Turnips 2 dz. Bunch - N/A
Kohlrabi, Medium Green 1 dz. - Limited Availability
Romanesco, Large & Baby - Limited Availability
Beets, Bulk/Sack 25# - All Colors Limited Availability
Beets, Baby Stripe 2 dz. Bunch - Limited Availability Temporarily
*Check with your Babé Farms sales representative for more information
The rain is finally coming! We have a chance of rain here on the Central Coast starting Thursday, October 27th through the following week. As a grower, this is something that we have been waiting for. We're keeping our fingers crossed!
Last weekend, the Babé Farms team joined up at Waller Park in Santa Maria for the UnitedAg Walkathon 4 AEF. The purpose of the Walkathon is to raise funds to provide financial assistance to advance the educational goals of UnitedAg members, their employees, and employee's dependents. Learn more about UnitedAg here!
You will need:
3 bulbs fennel, scrubbed, cleaned
6 cups homemade chicken stock
salt and pepper, to taste
extra virgin olive oil
One quarter cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Fully wash and trim the fennel bulbs.
3. Trim off the tops of the fennel and set aside. Leave enough of the base in tact so the fennel retains its form.
4. Cut the bulbs lengthwise (top to bottom) into pieces approximately 1" thick.
5. In a pan, parboil the fennel in chicken stock until slightly tender. Strain and retain the stock.
6. Place the braised fennel into a pan or cast iron dish that is lightly coated with extra virgin olive oil.
7. Pour about half a cup of the chicken stock over the fennel, salt, pepper, and cover with a quarter cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
8. Finely chop some of the fennel tops and sprinkle over the dish for added fennel flavor.
9. Place in the oven and cook until the top is golden brown, approximately 20-30 minutes.
Babé Farms recently launched a digital catalogue where anyone can view our entire product line. We feel this will help our customers to better familiarize themselves with our products, pack sizes, etc.