Prep and Cook Time: about 20 minutes. Notes: Baby Green Romaine lettuce is perfect for this recipe. Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 30 French breakfast or Icicle radishes with greens (about 2 pounds), greens trimmed to 1/4 inch.
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Put the radishes in a medium sauce-pan and add 1 teaspoon of salt, the sugar, oil and water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower the heat to moderate, cover and simmer until the radishes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the radishes to a serving bowl.
- Boil the cooking liquid over high heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pour the liquid over the radishes.