Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add cauliflower and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes...
- 2 pounds baby cauliflower or romanesco
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest, plus lemon wedges for serving
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 eggs
- Canola oil, for frying
- Roughly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add cauliflower and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to an ice bath until chilled; drain and dry completely with paper towels.
- Heat 2" oil in a 6-qt. saucepan until a deep fry thermometer reads 350°.
- Mix together flour, zest, turmeric, cayenne, salt and pepper to a shallow baking dish.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Working in batches, dip cauliflower in flour, shaking off excess, then egg, and once again in flour.
- Fry, flipping as needed until golden and crisp, 30 seconds - 1 minute.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain; season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges on the side.