In a bowl, whisk the vinegar with the mustard, scallion, parsley and 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Season the vinaigrette with salt...
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 24 baby turnips (2 pounds), stems trimmed to 2 inches
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- In a bowl, whisk the vinegar with the mustard, scallion, parsley and 1/4 cup of the olive oil.
- Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Heat a rimmed baking sheet in the oven.
- Cut the turnips in half through the stems; quarter them if large.
- In a large bowl, toss the turnips with the remaining 1/4 cup of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the turnips on the preheated baking sheet and roast for about 18 minutes, until tender.
- Transfer the turnips to a platter and let cool. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve.