FIELD TO TABLE EVENTS VISITS BABE FARMS
Recently, our friends from Field to Table Events toured the farm; Field to Table Events is a boutique catering company on the Central Coast of California, run by Tracy Labastida, son of Babé Farms Food Safety director, Ron Labastida. We're honored to be able to work closely with such an amazing company. A big thank you to Tracy and his team for visiting!
Seared Radicchio and Roasted Beets
As we transition to Spring, one appetizer that tends to frequent the menus of most high end restaurants is the crudité platter. This traditional French appetizer usually consists of an assortment of raw vegetables and a vinaigrette or sauce to dip. Use Babé Farms root veggies to add pops of color to your crudité platter!
Last weekend we attended Foodie Con in Los Angeles. The event hosted hundreds off foodies, bloggers, etc. All there to see the latest trends in the world of food. Over the course of the weekend, several presenters and chefs took the stage for cooking demos and product promos, including Alix Traeger, producer of Buzzfeed's "Tasty" videos (those wonderful recipe videos from Facebook we all love). It was a truly special experience, and we look forward to next year!
BEST IN SEASON NOW!
We have a plentiful supply of the following items:
- Leeks, Baby (1 dz. Bunches) - Great Availability!
- Lettuces, Baby Head - Great Availability!
- Beets, Large Red (12 ct.) - Great Availability!
- Carrots, Baby French (12 or 24 ct.) - Great Availability!
- Carrots, Baby Mix (12 or 24 ct.) - Great Availability!
- Carrots, Round (12 or 24 ct.) - Great Availability!
- Celery Root (12 ct. & 25 lb.) - Great Availability!
- Chervil (10 x 1 lb.) - Great Availability!
- Kohlrabi, Medium Green (12 ct.) - Great Availability!
- Kohlrabi, Medium Red (12 ct.) - Good Availability!
- Radicchio (12 ct.) - Great Availability!
- Radishes, Specialty (24 ct.) - Good Availability!
- Radish, Black (10 & 25 lb.) - Good Availability!
- Romanesco, Large (12 & 16 ct.) - Great Availability!
- Parsley Root (12 ct.) - Great Availability!
- Cabbage, Savoy - Limited Availability
- Cabbage, Red - Limited Availability
- Radish, Purple Ninja - Limited Availability
- Lettuce, Little Gem - Limited Availability or N/A
- Kale, Organic Green & Lacinato - Limited Availability
- Fennel, Large - Limited Availability
- Turnips, Tokyo - Limited Availability
- Radish, Watermelon - Limited Availability
- Beets, Baby All Colors - Limited Availability
- Bok Choy, Baby - Limited Availability
*Check with your Babé Farms sales representative for more information
Worldwide Produce Food Expo
We recently exhibited at the Worldwide Produce Food Expo in Los Angeles. Worldwide is a great customer of ours and we enjoyed the opportunity to meet many of the chefs they work with and educate them on what Babé Farms has to offer. Thank you to the folks at Worldwide for having us!
Pickled Vegetable Lettuce Cups
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more
- ½ *fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 *baby beet, trimmed, scrubbed, very thinly sliced
- 2 *radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup whole-milk plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 heads of *Little Gem lettuce, leaves separated, or 1 head of romaine, leaves separated, cut in half crosswise
- ½ cup cilantro leaves with tender stems
- ¼ cup torn mint leaves
- Combine apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, 1 Tbsp. kosher salt, and ½ cup water in a large bowl. Add fennel, shallot, beet, and radishes and let sit 10 minutes, then drain.
- Whisk buttermilk, yogurt, and lemon juice in a small bowl; season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Spoon some dressing onto lettuce leaves and top each with some drained pickled vegetables, cilantro, and mint. Serve with any remaining dressing alongside.
- Do Ahead: Dressing can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill.
* = Babé Farms Product
Willie Itule Produce
This week we were fortunate enough to attend the Willie Itule Produce Farmers Market Pop-Up dinner in Phoenix, AZ. This exclusive event was attended by some of Willie Itule Produce's top customers. Babé Farms was a sponsor for the dinner which incorporated a variety of produce from us and other sponsors and was prepared by some of Phoenix's most elite chefs. A special thanks to the Itule Family for putting together such a wonderful event!
Top-Left: Tom & Danielle Haney; Bottom-Right: The Itule Family - Jessie, Andy, Lynn, Willie, and Billy (Left to Right)
Our favorite grill master is at it again! Check out this stunning plate of grilled Tokyo Turnips and Watermelon Radishes by the man himself, Chef Douglas Walls of Food Network's Cutthroat Kitchen. Check out his Instagram here and be sure to give him a follow!
At Babé Farms we feel strongly about being good stewards of the land. We are 100% committed to implementing practices that preserve our natural resources, as well as producing safe, fresh produce for our end users.Click here to learn more!
Babé Farms recently launched a digital catalogue where anyone can view our entire product line. We feel this will help our customers to better familiarize themselves with our products, pack sizes, etc. Winter/Spring 2018 catalogue below!