Babé in the Big Apple
2018 was a wild ride for us and it was so nice to close out the year with one of our favorite trade shows, New York Produce Show! This year's show was as busy as ever and featured many innovations in produce. It was an excellent opportunity for us to catch up with some of our amazing east coast customers and introduce our colorful line of veggies to new audiences. Thank you to everyone who visited with us - you made us feel right at home all the way across the country!
A lively veggie platter is the key to a successful holiday party. This one features a colorful assortment including Romanesco, rainbow carrots, French Violet radish, watermelon radish, kohlrabi and more! Be sure to have a variety of dips on hand as well - beet hummus is our favorite!
Holiday BBQ 2018Every year the Babé Farms management team puts on a Christmas barbecue and gift raffle for our harvest/packing crews, foremen, mechanics, and all other field personnel. This year was a huge success with owners Judy and Jeff Lundberg on hand to play "Santa" and support from our HR/Sales office staff. We are so thankful for our hardworking team out in the field and this is our way of showing our love and appreciation for them. A big thank you to everyone who contributed in any way!
Babé Farms Christmas Party
This year's Christmas Party was held at the Far Western Tavern, a longtime staple here in the Santa Maria Valley. Needless to say, the food was incredible and the drinks were seemingly endless. Our generous owners, Jeff and Judy Lundberg held another gift raffle, sending many lucky employees home with new toys. Congratulations to Maico Hernandez on taking home the grand prize, a 55" television! On behalf of the Babé Farms staff, we'd like to say thank you to the Lundberg family and our HR department for putting on such a wonderful event!
Ladies Christmas Party
The Babé Farms ladies at their annual Christmas Party. This year's activity was, "Reindeer Games." Nothing like a little healthy competition around the holidays!
BEST IN SEASON NOW!
We have a plentiful supply of the following items:
- Celery Root (25 lb. Sack - no tops) - Excellent Availability!
- Celery Root (1 dz. w/tops) - Great Availability!
- Chervil (12 x 1 lb.) - Great Availability!
- Fennel, Baby (24 ct.) - Good Availability!
- Fennel, Large (12 & 24 ct.) - Good Availability!
- Kale, Organic Lacinato (1 or 2 dz.) - Good Availability!
- Kohlrabi, Medium Green (12 ct.) - Good Availability!
- Cabbage, Savoy (24 ct.) - Good Availability!
- Bok Choy, Baby (10 & 30 lb.) - Good Availability!
- Radish, Watermelon (10 & 25 lb.) - Great Availability!
- Romanesco, Large (12 & 16 ct.) - Good Availability!
- Lettuce, Baby Head - Limited Availability
- Kohlrabi, Medium Red - Limited Availability
- Carrots, Baby (All Colors) - Limited Availability
- Beets, Baby (All Colors) - Limited Availability
- Frisée, Blonde & Baby - Limited Availability
- Romanesco, Baby & Teen - Limited Availability
- Parsley Root - Limited Availability
- Radish, French Violet - Limited Availability
- Radish, Cincinnati - Limited Availability
- Turnips, Tokyo - Limited Availability
*Check with your Babé Farms sales representative for more information
Parsley Root, Apple, and Hazelnut Soup
by Sarah Strachan
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups parsley root, peeled chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (without skin), plus additional for garnish if desired
- 4 cups no-sodium vegetable broth
- Optional garnishes: chopped hazelnuts, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, chopped apple, extra black pepper, plain Greek yogurt, croutons
- 1) Heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat in a large stock pot. Add the onions and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add the thyme and some salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- 2) Add the remaining soup ingredients and stir. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cover and cook until veggies and hazelnuts are quite soft, about 45 minutes.
- 3) Allow soup to cool slightly, then transfer to a blender (in batches if necessary) and puree until smooth. Add additional water or broth if needed to obtain desired consistency.
- 4) Garnish as desired!
Babé Farms recently launched a digital catalogue where anyone can view our entire product line. We feel this will help our customers to better familiarize themselves with our products, pack sizes, etc. Check out the Winter/Spring 2018 catalogue below!
At Babé Farms we feel strongly about being good stewards of the land. We are 100% committed to implementing practices that preserve our natural resources, as well as producing safe, fresh produce for our end users.Click here to learn more!