WEST COAST PRODUCE EXPO 2019
Trade show season is rolling right along! The latest show we participated in was West Coast Produce Expo in Palm Desert, CA. Rocio Munoz (Sales) and Chris Cordero (VP) took the lead on this show and did a spectacular job of putting together an eye-catching and vibrant display. As always, WCPE was an amazing show both in terms of quality and quantity of attendees. We're looking forward to returning to the desert in 2020!
Leek, Chervil and Kale SoupBaby leeks are in great supply right now, which has us dreaming of this wondrous creation by our good friend, Marissa Oliver-Horton (@morethangranola on Instagram). Here is how Marissa describes the soup: "The cozy flavors of baby leeks, lacinato kale and chervil come together in a nourishing purée that is richly aromatic. Sautéed cremini mushrooms, purple ninja radishes and crisp blonde frisée add extra texture that is surprisingly complimentary to this smooth green soup."
Ro-Minis are back! Cute and compact, Ro-Minis (baby romaine hearts) pack the crunch of iceberg and sweet ﬂavor of romaine into one small, tightly enveloped head. About the size of Belgian endive, this baby romaine is more petite than others like it on the market. Filet and grill, or use the leaves as cups or wraps for your choice of dressing and toppings. Its leaves hold up well to heat and all kinds of dressing so feel free to get creative with this unique lettuce! *Available in limited quantities.
BEST IN SEASON NOW!
We have a plentiful supply of the following items:
- Kohlrabi, Medium Green & Red (1 dz. & 30 lb. no tops) - Great Availability!
- Bok Choy, Baby (10 & 30 lb.) - Good Availability!
- Carrots, Baby All Colors *Except Pink* (2 dz.) - Great Availability!
- Carrots, Large Mixed (25 lb. no tops) - Great Availability!
- Beets, Baby All Colors ( 2 dz.) - Great Availability!
- Frisée, Baby (12 or 24 ct.) - Great Availability!
- Frisée, Blonde (12 ct.) - Great Availability!
- Lettuce, Baby Head (2 lb.) - Great Availability!
- Leeks, Baby (1 dz.) - Great Availability!
- Parsley Root (1 dz.) - Great Availability!
- Turnips, Tokyo (2 dz.) - Great Availability!
- Radishes, Specialty (2 dz.) - Good Availability!
- Radish, Watermelon (10 & 25 lb.) - Great Availability!
- Radish, Black (25 lb.) - Great Availability!
- Romanesco, Large (12 & 16 ct.) - Great Availability!
- Romanesco, Baby (24 ct.) - Great Availability!
- Kale, Organic Lacinato & Green - Limited Availability
- Carrots, Baby Pink - Limited Availability
- Chervil - Limited Availability to N/A
- Fennel, Baby & Large - Limited Availability
*Check with your Babé Farms sales representative for more information
SB County Vintners Festival
Recently, Babé Farms participated in the 37th annual Santa Barbara Wine Country Vintners Festival Grand Tasting. With wines from over 70 participating wineries, tastings from more than 30 food purveyors - including regional restaurants, caterers, food artisans and farmers - the event was as fun as advertised! Babé Farms staff was on hand serving salad and enjoying the festivities - see photo below. Supporting our local food/wine scene is of the utmost importance to us and the Vintners Festival is just one way we like do that. We already can't wait for next year!
Pictured Left to Right: Terrie Cardoza (Customer Service), Carrie Jordan (HR Director), Ramona Chavez (Sales)
How Design Live
At Babé Farms we constantly strive to be at the forefront of the industry in our marketing and branding efforts. For this reason, we take every opportunity we can to learn more and further hone our craft. Recently, Matt Hiltner (Marketing Coordinator) traveled to Chicago to attend HOW Design Live, one of the largest annual gatherings of creative professionals in the world. Here he learned about the latest in graphic design, social media strategy, and innovations in packaging. He also ran into Kelly Rowe and the design team from Melissa's / World Variety - one of our great customers! All in all, Matt's experience in Chicago was incredibly valuable and he looks forward to applying everything he learned going forward.
Smashed Avocado Toast with Watermelon Radish
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 avocado (soft to the touch)
- juice of 1/4 of a lemon
- pinch of cayenne
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 watermelon radishes, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds to top
Toast your bread to your liking.
Open and remove the pit from your avocado.
Scoop the avocado out of its shell with a spoon into a bowl.
Add the lemon juice, and cayenne and smash with a fork.
Next, add salt & pepper to taste.
Using a knife, spread the avocado mixture onto your bread.
Top with sliced watermelon radishes and sesame seeds.
Babé Farms recently launched a digital catalogue where anyone can view our entire product line. We feel this will help our customers to better familiarize themselves with our products, pack sizes, etc. Check out the Spring/Summer 2019 catalogue below!
At Babé Farms we feel strongly about being good stewards of the land. We are 100% committed to implementing practices that preserve our natural resources, as well as producing safe, fresh produce for our end users.Click here to learn more!